Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I feel guilty, but at the same time, it's finally quiet

Ryan has turned from good baby to colicky baby in the past week. Well, if it's not colicky, then he's just a big ol' fuss baby. Both of which are annoying, but at least the fuss baby will shut up every once and a while.

He's started getting crazy fussy in the evenings, around 5-6 pm. Side note: the cat just scraped his butt on the couch and is presently trying to cover the smell. Asshole.

Last night, he ate too much, threw up on himself and a little on me, which freaked me out and then proceeded to want to eat more, which freaked me out even more. I think that he must be having a growth spurt here and just wants to eat and eat and eat.

But, the screaming is what gets to me.

So, we were at the doctor this morning -- he's up to 6 lbs 12 oz., which is perfect growth -- they like to see a 1/2 oz to 1 oz. per day and he gained 7 oz. in the week. We got all our questions answered and I feel marginally better. Plus, I know that I can give him a bottle okay and formula with an issue from the pedi. And we know we can give him Mylicon for gas if we think it does something -- the pedi says it doesn't really do anything.

But, he started screaming last night and Jake was at rehearsal for Spanglish and finally I had to give in and call my mom and dad to come over -- which I always feel badly about, since it's always 8pm when I call, desperate for help. So, they came over, Dad got him to fall asleep and when I took him upstairs to lay him in the basinette, he woke up screaming again. So, Jake had to take over, because I was too exhausted from the previous 3 hours to get up. But, I did get to sleep a bit. And he slept a bit overnight, but he was screaming and fussy this morning again.

After we got back from the doctor, I was trying to feed him, but he kept eating, fussing, pulling off and screaming. Over and over. No matter boob or bottle. Finally, I got him to eat a good amount and then when he started screaming again, I just gave up and threw him in the swing and pretended he wasn't crying. Which he finally stopped and fell asleep around 5 mins ago. Which is what I should be doing, honestly. Sleeping. Right after I spray stuff on the couch to cover the cats smelly ass. Stupid jerk cat. What a morning. I can't wait for Jake to get home. Or for the Brewer game to be over -- I might ask Mom if she can stop by. I was going to run out to the Waukesha County Courthouse for Ryan's Birth Certificate, but I am too freakin' tired. BLAH.

No comments: