Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Time is flying, but dragging by

I can't believe it was a week ago that I last posted, but it has truly seemed like the longest week ever.

We took Ryan to the doctor on Wednesday around 11:15, which was a HUGE mistake. They took us back to the room right on time. Unfortunately, the doctor was running 45 mins late, so he was starving. I was thinking that they would be right on time, so we would have been home by the time that we were being seen by the pedi. Jake and I were both really upset. Then, she walks in and says, go ahead and feed him -- do what you have to do. Jake said "It would have been nice to know that before". ha ha! Like I said, we were both pist.

The little monster gained almost 3/4 of a pound! He was 6 lb. 5 oz., but I think he gave back an ounce or two immediately, when he pooped his diaper. Still, he's already back to birth weight in a week, which is really good. He was clearly struggling inside of me and now that he's out, he's much better. In fact, we "weighed" him yesterday and we think that he might even be close to 7 lbs. now. GEEZ!! Fatty McFatterson.

And, I am officially done with breastfeeding. I'm talking to the doctor about what formula to put him on and how to handle all the gas that he has. He really has trouble with gas and pooping some days and really struggles with it.

Oh boy -- NBC Special Report. and crying baby. Gotta go!

No comments: